Monday 31 October 2011

Mission 27: The Final Defeat

Mission:
The Final Defeat
Team: 
Veterans Will Furno, Jimi Stringer and Dunkan Bulk with rookie Julius Nex
Objective:
Attack the Witch Doctor head on and rescue team leader Stormer.
Furno's Log:

This was it. We had regrouped with Bulk and were now planing our final move. Our cores were getting lower by the second and with no guarantee helps coming were as good as dead. But I refuse to go down without a fight and Witch Doctor better be ready for what we've got coming.
I checked everyone had got the plan. "Bulk, your job is to run in a then draw as many of the beasts away a possible." Bulk nodded in recognition. "Stringer and Nex, you two will engage the remaining beast and remove their Quaza spikes." They nodded to and I then finished off the plan. "Finally I'll attack the Witch Doctor and get the staff of him. To our best knowledge that's what he uses to control the beasts."
"And if our best knowledge isn't as accurate as we believe it is?" Stringer asked.
"I agree." Nex said. "e can't rely on this, we need to re think the plan."
I understood their concern but every minute we waist puts our cores at a lower energy level. "We can't give up." I said. "Stormer needs us and this is our best shot."
"And if it fails." Nex asked sceptically.
"Then we'll go down fighting, together." Bulk cut in. "I know Furno's plan is questionable. But we we're made to adapt and that's what were going to have to do. This universe is constantly changing and is were not ready to do what we were built for then we might as well forget that were hero's."
"Then lets do this." Stringer said.
"Together!" Nex added.
"If every bodies with me, lets head towards Witch Doctor and show him who he's dealing with." I said and then we began the long trek towards our enemy.

I had to hand it to Bulk for helping me out back there. He's not exactly the one to make speeches but he managed to step up this time and I just glad if today is the day I fall, that I'll have him by my side.
Just then I saw a Waspix out of the corner of my eye and I shot up to face it. It seemed to be alone, possibly just a scout. His quaza spikes were glowing red and I knew that the Witch Doctor was watching me.
The beast flew at me but I dodged its stinger and prepared my plasma bow. He came for another attack and slashed my weapon in half. It would work at all any more so all I was left with was two crude daggers. I charged again and used the daggers to slice through the quaza spikes and the beast was free from Witch Doctors grasp.

We kept walking for a while until we reached the mine that Witch Doctor was last at. However, he wasn't there any more. The mine entrance to the mine had been blocked by rocks and the place seemed abandoned.
"Where'd he go." I said, annoyed by this finding.
"He must of known we were coming and moved on." Bulk said.
"No." Nex said. "The Doc's still here, I'm picking him on the scanner."
"Is it an ambush?" I asked while readying my weapon.
"No." Nex said, just as surprised as I was. "Scanner says he's under our feet."
Just when I thought things weren't going to get any worse I heard the sound of a ship coming in for a landing behind us. I looked up and got a nice surprise, reinforcements had arrived...

No comments:

Post a Comment