Friday 10 February 2012

2012 Villain Review: Black Phantom

Hi,
I've had Black Phantom for a while now just haven't got around to reviewing him and for that I am sorry. Nevertheless he is an awesome set and has a really good colour scheme and some nice pieces. Now onto the review...

The build is awesome and follows the feel of Fire Lord but has some other things mixed in to. It was probably simpler but it left less parts coming out all over the place which is good. There is not much else to say except that it's a 9/10

The new pieces are great. With a new year it's another round of new pieces including some old recolours. The spiked part on the end of his spear is actually two pieces connected together. Their is some new shoulder armour too which adds extra bulk to him. There is also the introduction of dark red skeletal parts in this set and some small extender pieces to which also add friction and is good because it replaces some of the old obstructing techniques we saw on Fire Lord and Rocka XL. The helmet is the final one and it is great. It has a bulky feel to it and a cool lower jaw on it along with the option to add attachments to the side. The new pieces are a sure fire rating of 10/10

The design is great and all the colours really flow well together. The black is consistent and mixes well with the dark red and small bit of green. There is also the re-introduction of the old head from 2010 which was thought to of been replaced in 2011. However, it's back and has a new dark green colour which looks really cool. He also comes with an Arachnix Drone which is a really cool little addition and is almost a character of its own. The design gets a rating of 9/10

Now for playability which normally isn't a lot but this time I feel like I actually want to pick this upan play with it. The Archnix Drone also adds some extra playability so I'll go higher than usual with a rating of 8/10

Overall this set is awesome and comes recommended by me. Usually the big sets come about last in my order of reviews but I got it first this time and am glad I did. It comes recommended by me an If you only have the money to get a couple of Hero Factory sets this year then you have to get this and maybe Rocka too. I love this set and have to give it a 10/10

So that was my review of Black Phantom and I hope that you enjoyed it. Next will probably be Jawblade's review so until then please comment and follow,
matanui,

No comments:

Post a Comment