Saturday 15 October 2011

Mission 26: The Lone Wolf

Mission:
The Lone Wolf
Team: 
Veterans Will Furno, Jimi Stringer and Dunkan Bulk with rookie Julius Nex
Objective:
Regroup with the hero team and plan the next move.
Bulk's Log:

I was alone in a endless jungle on a dying world. Then I thought that I'd been in worse situations in my life time.
Stormer was captured by the Witch Doctor and the others are on the run like me. I would give anything for a quaza charge as I had been running for ages in an attempt to get rid of a pack of Fangz that the Witch Doctor sent after me. I've had a couple of run ins with the but mostly I've kept moving. They can track me no matter how far I go and I haven't found away to throw off the sent. That was when I got to the point of giving up but then my animal power kicked in. I'd picked up Furno's scent and I knew he was nearby.
Just then a Fangz jumped in and began to attack me. I threw him off me and got to higher ground. Instead of coming in for a second assault he howled with all his might and that was much worse. The rest of the pack were coming.
I jumped down and tried to shut the beast up but it was already to late, the others had heard the call and were already on their way. Still, I wasn't going down without a fight.
"There may be no communications but I can still call for back up." I said to myself. "Furno's nearby and with the power of the wolf I can call him in  to help."
With all my might I let out a mighty howl and prayed the the others had heard it. The full pack of Fangz then arrived and narrowed their eyes in on me.
"Okay." I said. "Who's first?"
One of them immediately jumped in but I threw him off. Another one then attack and pinned me to the ground. I held his jaws at bay but he wasn't going to give up that easily. I pushed him off and prepared for another assault but the quaza spikes on his back explodes into shards and I looked up to see Furno with his plasma bow in hand.
"Couldn't let you have all the fun." He said.
"Yeah, goo to see you to." I joked and we both burst out laughing.
"Hate to interrupt the reunion." Stringer said with a Fangz pinning him against a tree. "But we've got these beast to take care of."
"Don't be like that Stringer." Nex joked as he jumped in and pushed the beast away from Stringer. "After all we've got cause to celebrate."
"I'll celebrate when we've driven these beasts away." He replied and then looked at me. "Where's Stormer?"
"Witch Doctor's got him." I replied sadly. "Now lets take these beasts down."
After we had got rid of the beasts we discussed our next move. We had decided to head back towards Witch Doctor so that we could free Stormer. However, it was going to be a long journey and with our cores getting lower by the second, we had to be swift to even stand a chance of saving Quatros...  

No comments:

Post a Comment