Sunday 26 June 2011

2011 Villain Review: Fire Lord

Hi,
My brother got the Fire Lord for his birthday and he actually turned out quite well as a set. I admit that I had my doubts about him because compared to the other sets he seemed rushed and like the designers didn't put enough effort into it as they could've done. I'll cover why in the design section of my review but first I'm going to cover...


...the Build which is great. At the start there is a massive range of ball joints and it makes you wonder how everything is going to connect but the all ave their uses and contribute to a simple yet engaging build. There is no debate that the build gets a rating of 10/10

Now for New Pieces and there are a lot of them. First of is the large variant of the skeletal body piece which is in orange and has more pin holes than the other ones but still has the same width. He also has four exclusive printed pieces which give a good fire effect to the character but it also looks a bit like red lightning but that's fairly easy to look over. He also has the new hands in silver which won't be exclusive for long after we get Bulk 3.0 however they are still cool and provide good MoCing opportunity. New pieces is another 10/10

Now for the design where the ratings drop. The colour scheme is to mixed and on the waist there is a light orange thrown at you which isn't seen showing anywhere else on the model, however it is on the inside, but what makes it worse is that it just makes the thin waist stick out which does not look good with the bulky legs. Don't let the box art deceive you as the weapon covers up this models only con. There is the double head also but I won't go into much detail with that. The Design, unfortunately, gets a rating of 6/10

The playability is average but to have this larger character amongst the group it will increase the playability opportunity for the younger crowd quite a bit so I give it a 8/10

I the Overall rating, I say that he's a great set if you look over his waist and if you just want to display him on a shelf then put him in a stance like on the box. Equally, if your a MoCist, this set provides both inspiration and great parts. I give him an overall rating of 8/10


That was my review of the Fire Lord and bellow is my bothers opinion of this set. I'm sorry that I have missed out Breez but if I see the opportunity then I will buy her to review. Also, next month will feature my first mission in a new series. I added a video player from MixPod.com so I hope you enjoy that new addition to my blog so in the meantime, please comment and follow,
matanui, 
                                                              
Fire Lord Opinion
Hi,
Above are my thoughts on the HeroFactory set Fire Lord and I gave him an overall rating of 8/10 but this is the part of the review where my brother says what he thinks of his new set:

One thing I like is the way that his large weapon was designed and the fact that they re-used some older pieces like Furno's weapons. I also like the large body piece which is unique and has a cool colour. I don't like the upper legs because of the lac of armour. I will go over my brothers rating and give him a 9/10

That was my brother opinion and await more reviews to come next month. Please comment and follow,
matanui,

No comments:

Post a Comment