Sunday 6 February 2011

2011 Villain Review: Jetbug

Hi,
As I said back in my review of the Furno Bike the next review would be of the new 2011 set: Jetbug. He's a cool figure but he does have a few cons that I will get onto later. I was hoping to get Nitroblast instead but I couldn't find him so I went for my second favourite and I really like him. Now on with the review...


The build was awesome. There is a new building style which is on all the new sets. The armour attaches on with ball and socket joints so its an easy build which has a under skeleton and then the armour on top. On the new armour there are some mini-pins which are used for attaching extra armour or spikes and on this model flames are attached using the mini-pins. There are still some remnants of the old building style as the body has some gaps were pins can be connected, these parts can also be found on the arms and legs. Another remnant is the axles which are still used on the hands and weapons so they still have there basic purpose. As you may have already guessed, with all this new stuff I am going to give the build a 10/10

Now for the new pieces. Since there is a new building style there are a lot of new pieces that go along with it. A lot of new arm/leg pieces which have a maximum of 2 ball joints each. There is also a new body piece which is very skinny and has 9 ball joints on it which is a lot. There's also a new range of amour pieces and on of them has a cool kid of printing on it which I think is the villain version of the Hero-Badge except without the name on it. There is also a new flame piece which is used as part of the jetpack on him. Finally, the head. It is a con for me because it two faces in one, Nitroblast one side and Jetbug on the other which means the back just looks really bad and I don't think that MoCing can fix that. The head marks it down a bit so I'm giving the new pieces a 9/10

Now for a new concept in my reviews, the design. The design is basically how the character looks and whatnot. I will be doing it in all my reviews from now on so I hope you enjoy it. The front of the character looks really good and that's the strong point. The spikes add a lot more on to his character which is cool. However when you turn to the back you see Nitroblast's head and I did just say about this in the new pieces part of the review. Fortunately the jetpack covers the hollow back which is a con for the new Hero's and a side-effect of the new building style. I'll give the design a 7/10

Playability is basically the same as ever but the articulated jetpacks give it a bit more so I'll give the playability a 7/10

Overall, I like Jetbug a lot but I don't think many other people will because he doesn't really fit in with the 'fire' theme too well. I'll give him an overall rating of 7/10


I hope you enjoyed my review of the 2011 villain: Jetbug. The next reviews won't be as long because this one was introducing what the 2011 sets have in store and whatnot. Please share your thoughts,
matanui,

2 comments:

  1. I Am Going To Get All The 2.0's On My Brithday!
    And The Villans Look Good To Me Also Good Review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm hoping to collect all of the 2.0's and get the 3.0's on my birthday because mines a in the middle of the Summer.

    ReplyDelete