Wednesday 15 February 2012

2012 Summer Sets Thoughts

Hi,
Due to the 2012 New York Toy Fair we have been getting pics of the summer 2012 sets and they look quite cool. There aren't many sets but for what we have there are some pretty good ones in there.

Stringer has been the one causing quite a fuss with his new blue colour scheme but I like it and it goes with the black well in my opinion. He is one of the smallest sets along with Nex and XT4. Nex is good and I like the mix of orange and white which we've seen before on him but I'm not completely for the gum-metal in there too. It looks good with white and it looks good with orange but when they're together it just doesn't work to well for me. I would prefer silver but I guess it's all right. XT4 seems to be getting a lot of hate but I for one quite like him. I think if he didn't have the light grey skeletal pieces then he'd be one of the best ones out there but with them he's decent enough.

Now for the medium ones: Bulk, Voltix and Core Hunter. Bulk is actually quite cool. The metallic colours work well together and the orange is a nice accent colour which isn't over used. He is very bulky which is what he should be and I can't really find much wrong with him. His shoulder weapon looks great and I can't wait to see what it can do story wise. Voltix is good but does seem to be a mix match of colours. I don't mind the reuse of Black Phantoms helmet as it works well on him and the attachments are different. I like the opportunity to get purple but I think without it this set would be really epic but I think with it it's held back a bit. Core Hunter is the last one and he is great. He has to be one of the best and his colour scheme is just beast. He's very bulked up and spiky too. An amazingly awesome figure is what I see with Core Hunter.

The two big ones of these are sure to be battling it out. We've got Stormer XL and Speeda Demon. Stormer XL is looking the part and seems to have a different styled build than Rocka XL, Black Pahntom and Fire Lord. He still has his original colours and helmet which is cool and the upper body looks especially bulky in design and I can't wait to see how he's built behind the shell of armour that covers him. Speeda Demon is awesome and I already have a story planed for him an it will span across eight missions so look out for that after Mission for the Pros is over.   But first onto the set of Speeda Demon. He is an average villain in size with four arms. He has a lime-green and gold colour scheme but the main attraction is his bike which is purple and black and has some yellow electricity coming off it which is great. He may be my favourite set and I can't wait to get him.

That was my thoughts on the 2012 summer sets and expect a new part of Mission for the Pros next and we are reaching the final part of this story but there is another one coming which I hope you will enjoy and it still links in with the breakout theme of season two. Please comment and follow,
matanui,

No comments:

Post a Comment