Sunday 25 December 2011

2011 Hero Review: Stormer 3.0

Merry Christmas,
I've just unwrapped Stormer 3.0 and have cracked the canister open and built him. I'm now going to review the set as a special Christmas post. I also have all the other 2011 sets to review except Stringer but I may have him soon also. Now onto the festive review...

The build was basic but fun at the same time. Its the same as all the other hero's really but hopefully in 2012 that's all going to change. I'll give the build the same old 8/10

The new pieces that are included in the set are quite nice ones but are included in most other sets. The only new and exclusive piece is his helmet which is quite nice and represents a rhino well. Stormer features a few re-colours too like the 3 long armour pieces in white which we have not seen before. He also has his exclusive Hero Badge piece which has a nice image of a rhino on it. The spike pieces that were featured with a lot of the early 2011 sets are now featured in blue in this set and tree of them are included which is a bonus. With all this I'll give the new pieces a 9/10

The design is unique and seems really bulky and it almost fits his character in some ways but I fell this whole design should have been more for bulk. The weapon is nice and unique. I like the use of the chest armour placed on the arm and it really looks good with the overall design. I'll give the design a rating of 8/10

The playability is good but needs more figures to make it great. It's a 5/10

Overall its a good set and I think that I really like it however it has its flaws and I thinks there's a felling that Bulk should have been like this to me but he is still nice and goes well alongside the rest of the Savage Planet sets. I'll give it an overall rating of 8/10

That was my review of Stormer 3.0 and he comes recommended by me. I do have all the other sets excluding Stringer so expect reviews of them this December and January. The new 2012 sets just came out yesterday in the UK with fairly reasonable prices and and the smaller sets are cheaper now which may be a result of the packaging but whatever the reason I'm happy for it. I hope you'll have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
matanui,

No comments:

Post a Comment