Saturday 7 May 2011

Mission 19: Ambush (1 of 2)

Mission:
Ambush
Team: 
Veterans Preston Stormer, Will Furno, Natalie Breez and Mark Surge
Objective:
Ambush and capture the fire villains to save Tanker Station 22.
Stormer's Log:
We arrived at Breez's position as soon as possible. I sent the rookies to secure Jetbug so we were short in numbers for the time being. I sent Surge to a higher point for him to be able to give us cover fire. We had the Fire Lord our sight and all that was left was Nitroblast and Drilldozer to fall into place. We had arrived before them in hopes of setting up an ambush and so far everything was going as planned.
The other fire villains enter and I signalled Surge to get ready. They walked up to the Fire Lord and began talking to him. I decided to take a small amount of time to listen in to what they were saying.
"Nitroblast, Drilldozer." The Fire Lord began. "I see your free from the Hero's."
"Yes, my lord." Nitroblast said and Drilldozer let out a little giggle. Probably because of the loyalty Nitroblast was showing to his leader.
"Hmm," The Fire Lord said. "Were one short."
"Jetbug sir." Nirtoblast informed. "The Hero's got him before he could make an escape."
"That is... unfortunate." The Fire Lord said but I don't think he meant a word of it. "Now come, you need  more oil in your system. Prison Cells must have weakened you and you will need to be at full strength for our next attack."
They started to walk away and our attack had to be now. "Surge, fire!"
The shot hit Drilldozer dead on and me, Furno and Breez followed on from that my jumping down and launched a close-combat assault. Nitroblast went straight for me in an attempt to take me out of the battle. Every shot I made was met by a sphere of lava.
"Seem like a stalemate Hero!" Nitroblast laughed.
"I don't think so." I said back as my shots were getting closer and closer until... BOOM! Nitroblast was knocked of his feet. I was about to move onto the Fire Lord but he took of and was heading straight for Surge!
It only took seconds for Surge to realize. He made a risky jump and went into a mid-air wrestle with the Fire Lord but Surge wasn't strong enough and got thrown to the flour. He was hurt but still standing. The Fire Lords onslaught hadn't ended their however. He then bombarded us with a hail of fire and lava. My last thought was that our lives were now in the hands of the rookies and then it all went dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment